Hoffman Research Library
Before visiting the library
please check hours and availability here:
The Polish Genealogical Society of Minnesota’s holdings and materials are available at the Hoffman Research Library, located at the Minnesota Genealogy Center.
1385 Mendota Heights Road, Suite 100
Mendota Heights, MN 55120
PGS-MN has a unique collection of genealogical resources on Polish genealogy. To view our collection, click below:
The Minnesota Genealogy Center is open*:
Wednesday 10 AM – 4 PM
Thursday 10 AM – 8 PM
Saturday 10 AM – 4 PM
*The center is closed if volunteers are not available; please call ahead or check Minnesota Genealogical Society’s website.
Library Visitor Information
- Free parking is in front of the building.
- WiFi is available in the library. You may bring your own computer/table or use one in the library. It is recommended to bring a USB drive, if you choose to use of the library computers, so you can retain documents for your research.
- Bags and purses are not allowed in the library – you will need to store them in the secure lockers provided onsite.
- The research computers include access to FamilySearch as an Affiliate Library, Ancestry Library Edition, and various other genealogy subscription websites.
- The library has microfilm and microfiche readers.
- There is a lunchroom equipped with a refrigerator and microwave for use of the library patrons.
- A copy machine is available for use; there is a minimal charge for copies.
- To view all 30,000+ of the Hoffman Library’s holdings, please visit the Library Catalog.
Member of PGS-MN, MGS or any branch or affiliate: FREE
Non-Members: $10 / visit
PGS-MN accepts material donations pertaining to Polish genealogy, history and culture. Please complete the Donation form and email to PGSMinnesota@gmail.com or mail to 1385 Mendota Heights Road, Suite 100, Mendota Heights, MN 55120.
Once your form has been received and reviewed, a PGS-MN staff member will be in contact to collect the donation.